Did you find love whilst volunteering as a Games Maker during London 2012? Have you always wanted to see inside East Village - the former Athletes’ Village? If so, this Valentine’s Day could be your chance to return to the site of the Athletes’ Village to spend a romantic night with your loved one in one of the Get Living London homes.
To be in with a chance of winning, send us your romantic stories from the Games. The winning pair will receive a night’s stay at Venetian House on Olympic Park Avenue in East Village, which has stunning views across the surrounding greenery of the park and other iconic Olympic venues including the Copper Box Arena, the Olympic Stadium and the ArcelorMittal Orbit.
There is, in fact, a long history of blossoming romance during the Olympics Games. Canadian athletes Darcy Marqardt and Richard Hortness got acquainted during their last days at the Beijing Olympics and the pair went on to marry after London 2012. Former British cyclist Victoria Pendleton and her coach Scott Gardner embarked on a secret romance during the 2008 Games before going on to marry in 2013.
Neil Young, Chief Executive Officer, Get Living London, commented ’70,000 Games Makers worked incredibly hard to make London 2012 happen and to celebrate Valentine’s Day we’re looking for two who met and fell in love, or volunteered alongside each other, to spend a night here at East Village. What better way for former Games Makers to spend the most romantic night of the year than in the former Athletes’ Village with the enchanting views of London’s iconic Olympic venues as the backdrop?’
Entry is open to former London 2012 Games Makers who can enter by sending their stories and contact details, with a photo of them and their partner (plus a photo of them in their Games Maker kit or other proof of their volunteering time as a Games Maker), to love [at] getlivinglondon.com by Wednesday 11th February 2015.
Terms and conditions
- The promotion is being run by Get Living London located at 5 Celebration Avenue, London E20 1DB.
- This promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 and over.
- This promotion is not open to any employees of Get Living London Ltd, Delancey Real Estate Management, Qatari Diar or any associated companies or suppliers to these organisations.
- Promotional period: this promotion runs until on midnight on 11th February 2015.
- Only one entry per person during the entry period will be counted as a valid entry.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The prize: Winners will receive a Saturday overnight stay at East Village. The prize does not include travel to or from the venue.
- Winner selection: all valid entries received during the promotional period will be considered after the closing date of 00:00 on 11th February 2015.
- The Winners will be contacted by email no later than 12th February to arrange prize redemption. In the event a winner fails to claim a prize, the prize will be withdrawn and the entry will be void.
- The prize is as stated and cannot be transferred, sold or exchanged. There is no cash alternative.
- Get Living London reserve the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances beyond their control
- Get Living London may at its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion at any time.
- Get Living London reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
- The decision of Get Living London regarding any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the promotion you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- As a prize winner you expressly grant Get Living London the right to use your name and photograph in any publicity materials displayed in the United Kingdom and online during the next six months.